Monday, February 28, 2011

Potty Training update

Quickly, because I am exhausted, I wanted to give an update on how Brady is doing potty training. He is doing really well. He has really great days, and then not so good days.

Today was a not so good day. He had two accidents. It was quite frustrating because he said he needed to go potty at least 6 times in two hours. Each time he would sit on the potty, and then want to get up and go play. After not going for 2 hours, he had a huge accident. sigh. I can't make him go, but it is frustrating when he says he needs to go, but then he does nothing.

Another weird thing is that he sensitive little hiney gets a rash from his underwear. Each night it is super red, but after some rest and cream it is better in the morning. This ever happened to anyone? It is like his bootie is not used to the fabric, only diapers? Weird.

Friday was his best day. We made it through soccer, and most of lunch still dry. Sadly while playing at the chickfila play place, he ran up saying he needed to potty. I picked him up and ran with him, because he was shoe-less, to the other side of chickfila to the bathroom. Sadly, he did not make it, and had a little accident. Of course I asked him many times before he started playing if he needed to go, but he said no.
I guess as time goes on, he will be better about going when I think he should, and going when he has a feeling that he needs to. I am really proud of him. A week ago, I would not guess that he would go all day with only one accident. We just wear big boy undies now, but he still wears pull ups for naptime and bedtime. his pull ups have stayed dry for naptime, so they may be the next to go. 
He did get one of his prizes, because I thought he did so well Thursday and Friday. I just wonder if he has lost motivation because of that? We hope to have a big boy reward trip to Chuckie cheese really soon, but in the mean time, I am washing lots of big boy undies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment