Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Artist in the Making

Brady loves to do all sorts of art and we like to encourage it. We have also been trying to encourage independent play because that is not something he does very well. Because we are trying to encourage independent play we let him play upstairs unattended in our room the other morning. We thought he was playing with cars, or some of his other toys, so we let him play for a few minutes. Ten minutes rolled around and he was still quietly playing my himself. This never happens! I should have been alarmed but we were enjoying the peace so we let it go on. After 15 minutes of not hearing much noise (the normal loud) from him I decided to check it out. This is how I found him.
 In his defense these are bath crayons, and he is in the bath.
Because I am also trying to encourage his artistic side, I let this go on for another 10 minutes, and took pictures.
There is a reason these are in our bathroom and not Brady's. These crayons are fun but they are terrible to get out of the grout. Every time I get in the shower I clean more and more off. I guess I needed to clean our shower anyway.
Moral of the story, if Brady is alone and quiet he is: making a mess, sleeping, or pooping (more on that weirdness later).  

No comments:

Post a Comment