Friday, February 18, 2011

Blue Bell

If you know me, you know I love ice cream. More importantly I love Blue Bell ice cream. It was a sad day moving out of Texas into Colorado, without Bell Blue. I love Colorado so much but I desperately miss Tex-mex and Blue Bell. I can get pretty good knock off tex-mex, but it is much harder to get ice cream. There are a few places around Colorado, but all are at least 45 minutes away, and not the same. While pregnant with Brady my mother-in-law and I went to Denver, and I happened to bring a cooler so I could bring home quarts of Blue Bell.

A few weeks ago Jeremy heard a rumor about Blue Bell coming to be sold in stores in Colorado. I searched all over the internet for news of this, but I could not find anything, so I figured it was just a rumor. Then last week, my friend found this newspaper article for me. I was/am overjoyed. It is the little things that make me happy I guess. And they should have it in stores mid-march, just in time for the I need ice cream part of pregnancy.  : )

I love all the flavors, but here are a few favorites.

Peppermint is seasonal, but my #1 when I can get it.
Just plain ole strawberry is so yummy with chunks of strawberry in it.
Neapolitan, has a great mix of strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate.
Cookies and cream is a classic, Jeremy's favorite.
A new favorite is the great divide bars. They are ice cream bars with vanilla and chocolate ice cream covered in white and milk chocolate.

I am so excited about being able to have Blue Bell in my freezer, and I know that once the initial excitement wears off, we will go back to rarely eating ice cream. But once mid-march comes I will be very happy that I am pregnant and can hide my ice cream baby weight.   
 

2 comments: