Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Disneyland

I mentioned it in my previous post, but we are going to Disneyland! I thought I might give you a few details. Jeremy went as a young boy, but he does not really remember, and Brady and I have never done anything Disney. We are all very excited! I am not sure who is more excited, Brady or myself! We have not been on a out of Colorado or non-Texas vacation yet as a family, so I am thrilled at this memory we get to have of just us three. Even if Brady won't remember.

We leave in early April, and stay for 4 nights. We are going on slow Disney days, so we are hoping to avoid some crowds. Jeremy also will have off the weekend before and after, so we will be having 9 days of pure family time!

One amazing thing about our trip is the cost. Here are a few perks we found:
  • 3 round trip plane tickets from Colorado Springs to Long Beach for $278! (This includes taxes. Amazing price. This favorite blogger calls it sketchy air, but we have flown on it twice before, and it is just no thrills but cheap. Perfect for us. Also only airline that flys direct from Colorado Springs to LA or Long Beach.)
  • $111 a night hotel suite. Good price, and nice doubletree suite so that we can stay up after Brady goes to bed. 
  • Brady is still free at Disneyland until he turns 3, and they are running a special on other tickets right now as well. 
There are a few concerns about the trip:
  • I will be 33 weeks pregnant. Waddling my way through Disneyland is not as bad as Disneyworld would be, but we are still going to take it slow, and just enjoy as much as we can.    
  • Brady is limited to what he can ride due to his age and size. I am limited on what I can ride due to my pregnancy. This is a bit of a bummer, but there is still sooo much we can do.
As long as I can do this with my boy, I am a happy momma. (seriously riding the dumbos is on my bucket list)
And of course we are going to have breakfast with the characters one morning, which Brady will love!

Overall, we are going to have the best time! Of course I will take many pictures and share them all. Has anyone ever been to Disneyland, or this area? Any good tips for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment