Monday, March 21, 2011

Baby Needs

I have been asked a few times what else the baby needs. And I seriously had to think hard to come up with a few things. Because we were so blessed with Brady, and we got so much, we have pretty much everything already. We got pretty gender neutral things with Brady so that boy or girl this time we are set. Of course there are some things I would love to have, but we can certainly live without. Here is a little list I have gathered of things we want or need
  • Diapers - I try to buy a pack each time I have a coupon, but I have so many pregnant friends that I give them all away as part of their presents. I love Pampers swaddle diapers. They even smell like new baby.
  • Double stroller - This is a need. Brady still needs a stroller at the zoo or mall, but he likes to walk a lot too. We have decided on the sit and stand because Brady barely sits in his stroller as it is. Generous Grandma has promised us this as a gift, and I am so very thankful.  
  • Girl Clothes- This one is obvious. At this point I have 2 baby girl sleepers, and one outfit that I bought today at Costco, because it was just too cute. If this little one is a girl we will be needing to do some serious shopping.
  • Moby wrap - I always wanted one of these for Brady, but I mostly used the baby bjion, so I never got one. With this baby, I will need more hands free baby wearing options, so I really want this. I loved being a baby wearer with Brady, but it was not a necessity like it will be with this one.  
  • Car Mirror - Brady had a super fun car mirror that we over used, it is still in the car on his side. I really liked how I could see him, even though he was rear facing, with the mirror. So I really hope to get another one of these.  
  • Hangers - Brady's are all being used at the moment, so we will be needing a few more baby sized hangers.
  • Night Light - Brady still sleeps with his night light, and has been through a few. Middle of the night feedings were perfect because I could have enough light to see, and I would not need to turn on bright lights and then fully wake up.  
  • Wash cloths - After 3 years it may be time to retire Brady's washcloths and get baby some new ones.
  • Hooded Towels - This is actually for Brady. He still likes the hooded towels, but the baby ones are too small. I plan on  making some for both the kiddos.... someday.  
  • Bumbo seat - By the time we tried one of these out at someone else's house with Brady, he could practically sit up by himself, so we never got one. I think Baby will really like to sit up and watch crazy big brother run around.
  • Nursing pads - They should really sell these at Costco
  • Girl swaddling blankets - Another thing that we may need. I hope to make a few, but currently we only have blue ones. No little girl wants to snuggle up in a blue blanket!
  • Nursing Pjs - I loved my nursing night gowns. Because I had to wear nursing pads 24/7 these were the most comfortable for me to sleep in.
  • Bottles - We use very few bottles, and who knows what kind baby will like. Hopefully baby will like the kind Brady liked, and we can just buy new nipples. I am so excited to see Daddy and Brady give baby a bottle, so hopefully baby will take some kind of bottle. 
So that's all I have. I guess it is kind of long, but not too bad. What about everyone else? Anyone think of anything else that we need or is just really cool, and we should add to the list?

4 comments:

  1. LOVE my Moby Wrap....would be happy to pass onto you if it's a girl...it's lavender....unless you don't care if a boy gets carried in purple. Also I have a TON if girl clothes if you need them you just say the word and they are yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally have a green bumbo too. Never used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey this post really helped me! I was thinking the same thing "we already have so much from baby 1 that i can't think of what we'll need this time" unless of course it's a different gender. I hadn't thought about hangers. And I will be asking for a Moby wrap. With another little one running around I bet it'll be a life saver. I loved the Bumbo. I even used it in the tub, once Sean out grew the baby tub and was a little wobbly with sitting. I haven't found any awesome items that everyone doesn't already know about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle - We may need to have do business! Thanks!

    Christi - The bumbo in the tub is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete