Tuesday, March 29, 2011

baby update - 32 weeks

I have not given a baby update in awhile, and I had a doctors appointment today, so I thought it was time to let you all know how baby is doing. Only 7 weeks 6 days or 55 days left!

Here is a pic of a baby at 32 weeks
 
Baby is great! Heart rate was 137 beats per minute which is strong and perfect. Baby is head down and in good position. Still high and not dropping down yet, which is great with me, even though my ribs would disagree. I am definitely not ready for baby, so it can stay up there for awhile. My blood pressure is low as always, and my glucose test came back perfectly. Perfect pregnant lady lately!

I have been feeling great! A few weeks ago I was feeling super run down and tired, but the past few days I have felt great and energized. I am getting a lot of stuff done, and each thing off my list is just better and better. Tonight my back hurts, but it always does after mopping, even when I am not pregnant.

The only thing I am not completely happy with is my weight gain. I kind of obsess over it a bit, but it is important to me that both baby and I are healthy. So far I have gained 22.5 pounds. This morning the doctors scale was 6 pounds higher than our scale! I have chosen to ignore their scale. (Funny story: When pregnant with Brady I got on the doctors scale and the number seemed way high. I freaked a little and told the girl there was no way that was right. I made her take me to another scale, and of course it was the same! I am sure she thought I was crazy, but thankfully she was a sub for the regular MA who was on maternity leave, and I never saw her again.)  I really only wanted to gain 25 pounds this pregnancy, but it looks like I may gain a bit more. With Brady I was about 32 pounds, so if I can keep it under 30 that would be great.

Two weeks until my next appointment, which is a quick one like today. Then two more weeks, and I start getting checked to see if I am dialating. After that I have an appointment each week until baby comes, only 3 or 4 times! The next two weeks will be busy, and fly by, and after that we will be super close! Very exciting. Cannot wait to meet this sweet baby, and get to know everything about it!

2 comments:

  1. very exciting, you're getting so close! Glad you're energy levels are up, bring on the nesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to meet him or her! I'm so happy that you are feeling well and doing so good. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete