Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Random Brady Updates

It has been awhile since I have shared with you about how awesome Brady is. So here are a few random Brady updates:
1. He talks constantly. He repeats everything, and tells us everything he wants, and is everything he is thinking. He must know at least 500 words, and is talking in complete sentences. It is really nice to communicate and have an actual conversation with him now.

2. He does not talk much around other people. He is very shy around people he does not know very well. He does not talk, and he is really well behaved. I have a group of friends who think Brady is always calm and quiet, Ha, sure. He really is a good kid most of the time, but they all have their moments. It is just so strange that he becomes a different kid around others. Not family though! He definitely knows who his family is, and how he can act crazy around them. His daddy is shy when he first meets others also. So maybe he got that personality trait. I like it, it is kind of mysterious.

3. Brady is super smart. At least we think so. He can count to 10, and he sometimes counts as high as 15, but is not consistent. For some reason he sometimes messes up at 4 but he always gets1-3 and 6-11. He knows every body part, most animals, lots of letters, and most colors. I got him some flash cards, so I will do something crafty with them, and we will be working with them soon. Next we need to start on shapes. I hope that we will be writing letters and numbers by the time he is 3. He should also be in preschool next year so then he will be even smarter!

4. Brady is a Houdini. He can open all doors now. Even though he can get out of his room, he would still wait and call for me to get him. Not anymore. So we got him some door knob child lock things.
He figured those out in 10 seconds. What a smart boy. Here is what I found when I checked to see how he got out of his room.

He knows that he gets in trouble if he comes out of his room now, so he stays in for the most part. (see number 8)

5. Brady does not play independently. I blame myself for this one. I think I entertained him too much as a baby. Now he will not play with toys by himself. I hear of my friends children who play in their rooms for 30+ minutes at a time by themselves and I am astounded. We are crazy happy if Brady plays for 5 minutes by himself! We made him a play room, he has fun toys, and still no playing. I have tested it. I have gone the entire day without encouraging him to play with his toys, and sure enough he toys will go untouched.
So what does he do all day? He helps me with everything, cleaning, laundry, vacuuming. He does it all. He will also play outside, so I am dreading winter!

6. He gets bored easily. Even if I do play with Brady and his toys, he gets easily bored. I keep him active with various activities, but sometimes he asks to go bye-bye. I was always a homebody, but now we go somewhere at least once a day. Either the library, park, gym, church, friends house, errands, etc. Brady needs the activity, and now that I am used to it so do I.

7. He loves babies. He lights up when he sees babies. It is so sweet. He loves to help me in the nursery at church, and take care of the babies. He will be such a good brother, and we hope it will be really soon.  

8. He is sneaky. Last night after we put him to bed, he snuck out of his room, and into ours. When we were getting ready to go to bed, this is what we found. A sleeping Brady, snuggled up with his mouse. So cute!  

9. He is a crazy climber. Anything at the park, he scales in no time. He can climb super fast, and is scared of nothing it seems!

10. He loves to read. He has some books memorized. His favorite book at the moment is "If you give a mouse a cookie." My good friend Michelle gave this to him before he was born, and he is really into it lately. He has the matching stuffed animal mouse, and he likes to read the book to the mouse.

11. He has to close the garage door. He has to push the button, but he calls it a butt, every time we leave or come home. Sometimes we forget, and he gets very upset. Everything it seems these days Brady has to do himself.  

12. He has a crazy sunburn. We went to the pool today, and I guess somehow I did not put on his sunscreen properly, so now Brady has a super weird sunburn. Oops! Bad mom!

13. Lastly Brady still sleeps on the floor. He has ever since this  bedtime drama. Even though Brady can easily can get in and out of his bed, he continues to sleep on the floor by his door. I put down a blanket, but we are trying to not make it too comfortable, so that he will sleep in his bed. We figure that at some point in his life he has to sleep in his bed. It is his choice but it just makes us sad. No wonder he sneaks in our bed!

That is what Brady has been up too. He is so crazy but completely wonderful, and the best blessing we could have ever received.

No comments:

Post a Comment