Monday, April 19, 2010

Big Boy Bed - day two

Today we converted the crib to a big boy bed. (See the previous post on why.)

Last night Brady did well sleeping on the mattress on the floor. This morning he woke up at 6:15, but he went back to sleep in our bed for a little while.After breakfast I was able to convert his crib to a bed and he seemed to like it.

For nap time he fell asleep in the car and I was able to set him down in his crib without a problem. A few minutes later, while cleaning my bathroom, I heard a bang but no crying. I peeked in his room, and he was still asleep but on the floor. Poor thing had fallen out of his bed. He woke up very upset later, but he was able to get back to sleep.

This evening we played in his bed for a while, but he was not happy about going to sleep. He cried for about 35 minutes, but he finally is quiet.

Jeremy was sad listening to him, so he layed by his door, to wait for him to fall asleep. I guess Jerm fell asleep too, and this is what I found when I went to check on them.

Hopefully the rest of the night goes well. I know this is the best, but the process is heart breaking.

2 comments:

  1. aww what a sweet daddy! that is too funny tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can the crib be converted to a regular headboard for a double bed mattress? The double bed mattress and scooby doo sheets was a total success for Justin. I can't remember much back to those days.
    I remember we got Karen a twin bed when she was about 2 and 1/2 - when her little sister was born. One night we went in to check on her and couldn't find her. She had fallen out of bed and crawled under the bed. Lisa and Kristine slept in their cribs until they were nearly 5 as we couldn't afford to buy them big girl beds. I don't remember any problems as you are describing. I think it may be because Brady is so smart.
    Now I am remembering a little bit more. When Lisa and Kristine were the age of Brady I spent hours in the evening at the park so they would be totally worn out, then they had baths and reading books. It seemed to work most of the time.
    Love, GGM

    ReplyDelete