Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bye Bye Crib :(

This is not the happy day I thought it would be.

I thought that we would all be excited about Brady being a big boy, and moving to a big boy bed. I thought we would be able to have time to talk about it, he could understand it, he could pick out some new fun sheets.

Nope, none of that.

Let me start with the past few weeks. Sometimes after Brady wakes up he invites me into his bed for a snuggle, so sweet. Lately he asks me into his bed, then once I am in, he makes me quickly get out. How rude! I realized he was doing this to watch me, and see how I was getting out of his crib. Clever guy!

After we got back from our trip he has been having a harder time sleeping. I thought it was just an adjustment, because normally he is awesome. Normally you tell him it is nap time, and he tells Belle and Coco night-night, and we go to read a book and I set him in bed. I tell him I love him, and he says night-night. Easy.

Lately it has been hysterics for nap time. Yesterday he cried for what seemed like forever, and finally fell asleep. He took an hour nap and the cried hysterically until we got him up. Last night he was so tired that he went to sleep pretty well.

That brings us to today. This morning he woke up about 6:15, an hour and a half before normal, and cried once again hysterically until we got him. At church I had to get him out of his Sunday school class because he was crying so much. He fell asleep on the way home, but as soon as I tried to lay him down in his bed he freaked out. When it was nap time he cried for 45 minutes, but finally fell asleep.

45 minutes later he woke up and was crying. We were going to leaving him to cry it out, when we heard a bang and him at his door. We opened it to see a naked baby out of his crib. He had taken off all of his clothes and diaper, fallen asleep, wet the bed, and woken up in it. I guess he finally had the motivation because he managed to break out of his crib. We changed his sheets, redressed him, and tried to put him back down. We then witnessed him climb out of his crib 3 more times. I guess nap time was over.
I got a picture and video of the crazy boy breaking out. Before you judge, I am not a mean Mom, and I don't let my baby normally cry hysterically while dangling out of his crib. This was the 100th time he had done it, and if you notice, he stops crying as soon as he is near me. Also no real tears, he could be an actor.

This evening I tried to put him down early because I knew he was tired, and once again he would not stay in his crib. After an hour and a half of trying to get him to go to sleep, I finally took his mattress out. I put it on the floor, and closed the door. He only cried for a minute. I am scared to go up there and see where he is sleeping.

Brady breaking out of his crib from Melissa Yeats on Vimeo.


So any suggestions? It is a convertible crib so we are going to convert it tomorrow to a toddler bed. Brady has always been such a great sleeper, any ideas on what happened? Is this a toddler thing? I need him to take naps for my sanity!

***Update- I just checked and Brady is sleeping on the mattress, on his pillow. Thank you God, maybe this will work after all!***

No comments:

Post a Comment