Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bugs deer and snakes, Oh MY!

Several weeks ago, we went on one of our family hikes.

We tried a new place, a park that is kind of in the middle of town. It was nice, but not very far away. Brady relaxed in the hiking pack and also walked some.

We saw a mama and baby deer, some bugs, and...

A RATTLE SNAKE! He was huge! Look closely in the picture and you can see him. We were walking and Jeremy mentioned seeing a sign that there are rattlesnakes around. He teases me often, so I thought he was joking. All the sudden he says "stop, look at that snake!" Sure enough there was a snake crossing the trail right in front of us. We don't think he saw us, he did not rattle or stop. I am so glad Jeremy was there. I don't think I would have seen him, and I was not getting close enough to take a picture.

Sure enough there was a warning sign at the end of our hike.

Run Brady! Just kidding, he was safe in the hiking pack for the snake incident.

Love Colorado, snakes and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment