Monday, May 31, 2010

Post Bolder Boulder

We did it! What a fun day! I must admit I am tried, and sore, but it was worth every pain and blister!

Yesterday we headed up to the Boulder area to stay the night. Because one of the ladies in our group got a relative discount, we were able to stay in a Westin for very cheap. After exploring and swimming, we went to dinner at Carraba's.








We were good on carbs, and headed back to the hotel for smores with everyone else. We got to bed and tried to rest. Sadly I was not really able to sleep well, but that is okay.



This morning I got up and met the other runners down stairs at 6:30, and we headed to the race. There were people everywhere! We had to be dropped off about 1 Km from the start line, but it was a good warm up. The race itself went well. Two big goals were met. I ran the whole time, and did it in under 70 minutes. I ran with my sister-in-laws the whole time, and I would not of done as well without them. We finished in 68.08 minutes. My one regret is that we did not sprint harder at the end, and finish under 68 minutes. It was harder than I thought with the inclines. Next time I will definitely have to train with running on more inclines.

The course was really great. So many people encouraged you and kept you going. Food choices along the race were marshmellows, donuts, doritos, and bacon! You could do slip and slides if you wanted. It really helped the with the run, and I was so entertained that I did not need to turn on my ipod at all!

After the race we met up with the families and got our snack bags. There were so many people everywhere, that we did not stay at the booth/ festival area long. We ended the day with one of my favorites, Pappadeaux's. I definitely got back every calorie that I burned!

Such a fun day, and weekend! How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment