Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Traveling with a toddler- part 2

Honestly Brady did awesome on the way home. The trip was very hectic, but it was completely my fault.

I was determined to be at the airport early, so that we would not be rushed, unlike the way there. I borrowed an extra bag this time, so that we could haul everything home. It only cost $60 instead of $75, lucky me. When I bought the airline tickets, it was with my frequent flier miles, through Continental. It never occurred to me that the flight home would not be Continental. So when I showed up at the Continental counter in terminal B, and the lady said that I was on a United flight, I started to panic. There went being early. We had to drag Brady, the stroller, my purse, Brady's Elmo bag, the 45 pound suitcase, the heavy other bag to check, and a carry on bag all the way to a different terminal. Thank goodness, I had my mom with me, otherwise we would not of made it. The terminal tram thing pulled away as we walked up, so we decided to walk and not wait the three minutes for the next one. We beat the tram by seconds, but at least we got a good workout.

Once we finally checked in, and said a hurried goodbye to my mom, we waited in the long security line. Thankfully, Brady was much better this time around. After getting our belongings, I was putting back together the stroller, before I had put back on my shoes, and I cut my foot on the stroller. We hobbled to the gate, and we were only the second to last ones one the plane.

Thankfully we sat next to Grandparents, and Brady did awesome, portable DVD player was a life saver.

Unfortunately on the way back we had a lay over in Denver, which is only an hour away from Colorado Springs. It was discouraging to be so close to home, but still so far away. The lay over was two hours, so we had some dinner, played in a toy store, and found a candy store.

I mistakenly thought our flight was in gate 39, nope gate 94, on the other side of the airport. But no big deal, I would still have 5 minutes to spare before boarding. After walking across the airport, the gate was quiet, and I thought maybe they had not boarded yet. Then I read the sign final boarding, and saw the door closed. After almost crying and pleading with the gate attendants they let me on the plane. It was a small plane and it was the kind that we had to get on stairs and climb up to. I was so grateful, but still very confused why they boarded so early. After asking the person sitting next to us, I guess they boarded about ten minutes early. Also I realized that when I had changed my watch back to mountain time, I had set it about ten minutes late! No wonder they had already boarded.

The plane ride was nice and quick. When everyone was getting off, Brady seemed very confused as to why we were getting off so quickly. It was cute. I am so grateful that he is such a good boy.

It was a fun trip, not so much the traveling part, but the trip itself. Being reunited with Jeremy was awesome. We are really enjoying getting back on schedule, and enjoying being back together as a family. Look for posts on our time in Texas soon.
Brady was so happy to see Jerm and the dogs

The dogs were a little too happy to see Brady, poor thing got licked to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment