Sunday, September 12, 2010

Susan G. Komen Race

What a great day!
We woke up earlier than normal this morning to get ready because I was racing in the 5K Susan G. Komen race. It was so neat and inspiring to see so many people coming together to race for such a great cause. I was slightly disappointed because it did not work out that anyone could race with me, but it was still a great run. I did do well in my fundraising efforts, and that is the most important thing.
I raced on behalf of my aunt who is currently winning her battle with breast cancer, and she was in my thoughts through out the race. I encourage you to get involved in someway with this organization. Don't wait until you know someone with breast cancer, start now!
I think I am brave just for posting this terrible pic!
The rest of our day was great with, breakfast out, a fantastic message from our pastor that I got to watch on the Internet, lunch out with family, and visiting and playing with Great-Grandpa and Grandma Yeats. Brady is worn out, but he had a fantastic day too. Monday stay away!

No comments:

Post a Comment