Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Random Family Updates

I thought that since a few weeks ago I shared a few random things about Brady, I would share things about the rest of the family.

1. Mom is coming - My Mom comes tomorrow, and we are very excited. I will share all our adventures while she is here, soon.
2. Working- I will be working soon! Just a few days a week substitute teaching, but still working. I am waiting on my substitute license renewal, which should be here soon. It will be nice to be working again, and the extra money will go to Brady's preschool fund so that will be great.
3. Next door neighbors house - The house next door to us has been vacant for 3 years. It is a sad sign of our economy.  The worst part about it is our strict HOA. They try to fine us for weeds in our yard, but we live next to the worst house in the neighborhood.
Here is the next door neighbors house.

And ours

That is all I am saying. We sent them these pictures and they took all the fines away, and someone came that next week to cut the weeds.
4. Dyson - I am in love with my new vacuum. It is the one thing I have found that can even try to get all our dog hair. If I would have bought this vacuum 4 vacuums ago I would not of had to have so many vacuums. I will never go back to another vacuum. Seriously if you are in the market for a vacuum, the extra money is worth it.
5. Jerm soccer - Jeremy has been playing in a coed soccer league. Their team is not as good as he would like, but he is having fun and it is excellent exercise.
6. Toilet seat - My big hiney broke Bradys toilet seat one night while I was giving him a bath. (I wasn't using the toilet, I was just sitting on the closed seat to give Brady a bath.) It snapped when I shifted. So when shopping for a new seat, we decided to go with a very Brady friendly seat. It is his bathroom, and one he will share with any future siblings, so we think that a child seat is perfect. It can be a kid seat or adult seat, and the kid seat is stored in the lid. It is really neat, and Brady loves it. He has gone potty in it two nights in a row, so maybe it was worth it.
7. Camera- I have several friends and family members who have digital SLR cameras. I never really cared for expensive cameras, but ever since I started blogging and noticed the difference a good camera can make, I really want one. Maybe one day, we will see.
8. Houston for Christmas - We are going to Houston for Christmas, and we are getting excited. We are driving this time, and we hope that Brady does well. It will be awesome to see family and friends, and celebrate the season with them.
9. Books - I have been reading a ton of books within the past year, and I can't get enough. My new favorite has been inspirational fiction. They have an entire section at the library and I love the mix of fiction biblical based stories.
10. Heat wave - We have had a heat wave here lately. I do not remember it being this warm this late in the year for as long as we have lived here. I am not ready for winter but I am really ready for fall, and the coolness that comes with it.

So not too much going on, but we are loving our life, and feel so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment