Monday, September 6, 2010

Marvelous Monday

Happy Labor Day! I hope that you are all enjoying a special day with your family!
Proverbs 31: 10-31
So if you have read my craft blog, you know I love this passage, and I think it is a great thing for every woman to read, and know well.

Specifically today, "She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls." Proverbs 31:15

But, the first time I read this I thought, sure, it is easy for her to do all of this, she has servants! I could be a virtuous woman if I had servants too! Then I thought a little more about it... I do have servants. I take them for granted, very often. Let me introduce you.

Clean Running Water - no fetching water from the unclean river here

Stove, oven, microwave - Can you imagine gathering wood, then having to make the fire, and then finally cooking?

Indoor sanitation and plumbing - Can not imagine life without this, I can hardly handle camping.

dishwasher - A lot of Americans do not have this.

washer and dryer - I think I would spend all day just doing laundry without these

vacuum - my new favorite

Have you ever thought about life without these modern conveniences? It is hard to imagine, yet most of the world is still without most of these things. I am so blessed to have these "servants." I will try to remember how blessed I am to have these things to make life easier, instead of dreaded the housework I have. Thank you God for these modern conveniences, and the blessings of our nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment