Monday, July 18, 2011

What to do?

Making to do lists are genetic for me. My mom is a fantastic planner and list maker. In fact planning was a huge part of her career before she moved to Russia to become a non-paid planner and fantastic wife. So I have grown to love to do lists. I enjoy marking things off the lists. I currently have about 6 or 7 lists going. Grocery list, Costco list, packing for our trip list, things to do on our trip list, crafty to do list, thank you note list, and then my weekly to do list.

Every week I have a to do list. I sit down on Sunday evening and make my list. It used to be just a normal piece of paper with a huge list of the things I needed to do that week. I rarely would complete my list because everything would get put off and then I would try to finish everything on Saturday. Then I started to separate my list by days. It worked well for me, and I felt so accomplished when I would cross things off of my list.

Last week, at the Target dollar spot, I found this notepad. It is magnetic, separated into days, starts on Monday, and perfect. I bought two, but now I wish I would of bought more, because I will be really sad when I run out.
I put simple things on the list, even a load of laundry, or what I will be making for dinner. Honestly these days, planning, making, serving, and cleaning up dinner is a pretty big chore. At the end of each day, I love to see all the little check marks of what I got done. Some days, not everything gets checked off, but that's okay, I catch up another day in the week. It is amazing how something so simple can be so helpful.
Another thing I that I have done recently is keeping a spreadsheet of the meals we eat. By keeping track of everything we eat, I can make sure we don't have the same meals over and over again. So easy, but again so helpful. So now you know of my obsessions with lists. What about you? Are you a list maker? If so you may need one of those lists pads, they are wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Too bad I can't run to target and get one. Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete