Friday, July 15, 2011

Do Everything

Since having Bryson, and the initial elation wore off, I realized how hard raising two boys is. Ever since, I had been in a funk. Long story short, I was having a hard time. Somehow I had forgotten what my purpose in life is, and I was being selfish and really feeling sorry for myself. It took a mild breakdown, that involved Jeremy having to come home early from work, and a lot of prayer to get back to a better place. I was feeling better, and grateful, but still overwhelmed and kinda in a permanent bad mood.

Then I heard a song on the radio that spoke to me. Have you ever heard something a hundred times, and then all the sudden it clicks? I know that God uses songs, people, various things to speak to someone. After taking way too long to get out the door and into the car, (no fault by me, mind you), we were on the road, and this song by Steven Curtis Chapman, at that moment, was for me.
Here are some of the lyrics:

You’re picking up toys on the living room floor
for the 15th time today
Matching up socks and sweeping up lost
Cheerios that got away
You put a baby on your hip and color on your lips
and head out the door


And while I may not know you I bet I know you
Wonder sometimes does it matter at all
We’ll let me remind you it all matters just as long as you

Do everything you do to the glory of the One who made you
Cause He made you to do
Every little thing that you do to bring a smile to His face
And tell the story of grace
With every move that you make
And every little thing you do

Somehow I forgot my purpose in life. It is always to bring God glory! Currently I am doing that by raising two amazing boys.
I am so thankful that I was reminded of that and I can get back to what God has called me to do right now. I hope that what ever you do in life, you do it to bring God glory. After all that is why we are here in the first place!

No comments:

Post a Comment