Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Broken, sick, and out of work

Wah, wah, wah.

Our week started off nicely. Monday morning was good, I was nauseous as normal, but otherwise good. I dropped Brady off to Nana's and went to work.

Nana and Brady decided they were going to go to a gymnastics place to play, which they have been to before, and had fun. Brady had a blast of course, and even did impressive back flips on a bungee trampoline thingy. As they were leaving Nana and Brady tripped and fell. Brady landed with all of his weight on his shoulder.  He cried more than normal, for when he hurts himself. And he kept holding his shoulder.

Of course Nana tried to call me right away, but my phone was on vibrate, and I was having a good time visiting at lunch with coworkers, so I did not notice. In the meantime, Nana was able to get ahold of Jerm and he was able to come and see Brady. It is so nice that he has a flexible job! Once I saw the million missed calls, my heart sank and I knew that something was wrong. I left work and went to be with Brady.

The doctor that Jeremy was in surgery with when he had to leave, really helped us out. He and Jeremy figured out that Brady had broken his collar bone. With a two year old, they do nothing when that happens, they just let it heal on its own. Our options were to go to the ER that day, pay a ton of money, get xrays, and told what we already knew. Or, we could give Brady pain meds, and wait until the next day for a free xray. We decided to wait.

That night I started to get sick, and I am a horrible sick person. Especially when I cannot drug myself, like while pregnant. Brady slept in bed with me, and was in a lot of pain. It was a hard night, but we got creative on how to get Brady his meds and we made it through.

My job was scheduled to end on Friday, it has since been extended,  but I decided to end early. It was a good decision since I am now sick, my Wednesday babysitter's daughter is sick, tomorrow is a work holiday anyway, and most importantly Brady needs me.

Tuesday, I was miserable. We made it to the doctor, and Brady had xrays. Sure enough, his collar bone is broken. He should heal in a few weeks, and be completely healed in a month. I am feeling better, and we are on the mend. I am looking forward to healthy weeks ahead!


Good news is, back to life as normal and back to blogging. Oh, and baby update, baby seems to be doing very well. We heard the heartbeat last week and it was nice and strong in the 170 beats per minute. We are almost done with the first trimester, which I openly welcome! Only 27 1/2 weeks left until we get to meet our sweet angel!

1 comment:

  1. awman, poor kiddo, poor mama heart. Good thing kids are tough, right.
    Here's to looking forward and healing for both mom and son!
    and yay for baby progression...getting close to half way...kinda....lol...sorry, but at least almost outa the first!

    ReplyDelete