Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Who's the Boss?

Right now, it isn't me, or Jeremy, or baby. It is a two year old little prince, and his reign is not a fun one for his subjects.

We have a bossy problem. I think this may be a two year old thing. But it is definitely becoming an issue. If you ask Brady who the boss is he will say Daddy. If Daddy is not home, he knows it is me. He also knows that he is only the boss of Belle and Coco.

So why do I hear this at 4 o'clock in morning?

Mom get me medicine.
Now get me water.
Tuck me in.
Now sing me a lullaby.
Leave my door cracked.

Do you see any please in there? nope. I am cutting him some slack because he is sick. But once he is over his sickness we are getting back to normal.
No more waking up at 4 in the morning every night, and needing a thirty minute routine to get him back to sleep. No more needing to go potty, or needing water, or whatever for over an hour at bedtime, so that he gets to sleep after nine. No more waking up before six in the morning, and taking very short naps. 
I want my good sleeper back, and I need him back before this baby comes. I can tell you now, I will not be up with a baby all night and when I finally get the baby back to sleep, up with Brady. 
Raising a little boy is hard. I have come to realize that it would be so much easier to have an undisciplined, crazy child. We are sowing a seed in Brady, and one day we will see that harvest in an amazing man. Brady is so sweet, such a great kid, and we are so blessed to be his parents. I am so thankful that God is letting us raise this boy, and I cannot wait to see the amazing things he does in his life. For now, Brady can be a prince, but the king and queen are the bosses!  

No comments:

Post a Comment