Sunday, May 15, 2011

Baby Update - 39 weeks

Still pregnant! Not surprised, but I am really ready to be done and most importantly to meet this baby! My friend who was due after me, is being induced tomorrow, and I am super happy for her, but a little jealous.
I am trying to enjoy our last days as a family of three, but four will be so much better, so it isn't easy. Friday we enjoyed a nice day at the zoo, and having lunch out, maybe one of our last days just the three of us.

My stats as of Thursday morning are 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Which is good, but at the same point with Brady I was 3 cm dilated, and 80% effaced. He was a day late, so I am hesitant to stop my countdown at my due date. My new countdown is two weeks after my due date, June 6th, which will be the day I will induce. The only good thing about that would be that my mom would be here, she comes in on the 5th. The bad thing about that is I would have to be pregnant for another 3 weeks, a total of 10 months!

pic at 38 weeks
Today I feel pretty great, a good nights sleep really helps. Yesterday, I felt terrible. It is interesting how much different I am feeling with this baby, than  how I was feeling with Brady. I guess it will make sense if it is a girl.
Even though my doctor would induce tomorrow if I wanted, I do love the excitement, and element of surprise of labor. Each day I wake up not knowing if that day will be the baby's birthday. Hope to share some awesome news really soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment