Saturday, August 22, 2009

Staycation Saturdays

I am going to start a new weekly blog called Staycation Saturdays. Mostly because it will force me to blog more often. I also feel that I have a lot of ideas for our area of Colorado, and it will give us a chance to explore more, for "research" of course. A staycation is a term that has been used due to our economic climate, and people wanting to save money. This works for me because we are always wanting ways to save money, but still want to keep ourselves entertained. I am going to rate the adventures by price ($) and family fun (*). So I hope this keeps any readers interested and maybe it will spark some who will want to visit wonderful Colorado.

Our first staycation idea is to attend the Parade of Homes. I rate this activity by one $ for really cheap. And only one * for family fun. I love this activity BUT it is not that family friendly, it is more for adults.

In and around Colorado Springs the local home builders open their homes for the public to view. The houses range in price from $200,000 to $3 million +. They are all furnished and decorated very nicely. Some people come prepared with notes and cameras to take pictures and borrow ideas. I just enjoy dreaming really. Jeremy and I like to discuss what we like or dislike, what we would do or not. Our Parade last several weekends, and we take advantage of that. Brady, and Jeremy too, get tired of looking at all the houses, so we try to have lunch or run errands in between.
Here is a link to the Colorado Springs Parade
CS parade of homes

They also have a parade in summit county, which is where Breckenridge and surrounding areas are. One of our dreams is to one day have a mountain house near ski slopes and other mountain activities. Summit county seems to be the perfect place for my dream mountain house, and they have a parade of homes too. We have never been but it seems that it would be tons of fun. Maybe when Brady is older and can take two long car rides in one day.
Sumit county parade

There are parades in most towns. So my suggestion is to check them out in your area. Even if you have just once tuned in to a house hunters episode on HGTV this is an experience for you!
Houston

Stay tuned next week, we will feed Giraffes and swim with bears!

No comments:

Post a Comment