Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bummer

So to start with this story I must start with the story of my cell phone. Before Brady was born I had my trusty, basic cell phone. It was nothing special, I have never really needed or wanted a crazy expensive cell phone. I just need it for texting and calling, but when Brady was born I was happy about getting a phone with a camera, for those super cute baby moments. So just before Brady was born I got a new but free phone, and I was very happy with it.
Several months later, I had set Brady down, used the restroom, heard the house phone ring, ran got the phone, washed my hands, picked up the crying baby, picked up my ringing cell phone, (all while on the house phone), flushed the toilet, answered the cell phone, dropped the cell phone, FLUSHED the cell phone, Nooooo! As I watched it being flushed I could only think of the expensive plumber bill, after our pipes exploding from my little mistake. Thankfully we have yet to have a problem with the pipes, but that phone is long gone!
Jeremy had an extra phone which was really nice, and it could email and everything, (not like I knew how to do that). Unfortunately that phone fell off a ski lift, and even after it was retrieved from a huge pile of snow, it still did not work properly. So I was back to the old trusty pre-Brady phone. That phone started to not work and would barely hold a charge, so Jerm found me a used phone for cheap. It worked great and I was back in business, that is until Brady got a hold of it, and a few slobbery times to keep Brady from screaming in a public place, and it no longer works. It can text and make calls but, you can't hear anything and the person on the other end just hears static, it also makes no sounds to let you know a text or a call was missed.

Friday morning the plan was to go grocery shopping early, clean, get a new phone, and maybe go workout. We had a good start, Brady and I were at the grocery store before 8 and back by 8:30. We got the groceries inside and went back out to get my purse and Brady's bag and that is when it happened.
Somehow I twisted and stepped the wrong way and felt a horrible pain in my right knee. I was holding Brady, and I sunked down into the car in the front passenger seat. That when I looked down and screamed. The only thing I saw was a bone not where it was supposed to be sticking out of the joint. I could not move, and at this point Brady was terrified due to my scream. I had my purse nearby because I was getting it out of the car, but I knew I could only text. I was so scared and was only able to text Jerm. "help come". I meant to explain so that he would come as fast as he could but I was panicked. Our garage was still open, so I started to scream for help, hoping our neighbors would hear me and help me. (I know now that you are supposed to scream FIRE because thats when people come, FYI.) This of course only scared Brady more. Jeremy was trying to call me, but I knew he could not hear me when I picked up, but I was hoping he would understand he needed to come home. After ten minutes of screaming for help and praying, I started to text a friend who I knew would be the closest, and could get to me the fastest. At the same time someone drove by with their window down, and I waved and screamed, no stop. We have awesome neighbors, huh? After that I just sobbed and prayed. Mid sob, miraculously something popped back into place.
I crawled into the house and at that point Jerm was calling the house phone and he was on his way home. I sat on the floor in the kitchen still in a tremendous amount of pain. Poor Brady just brought me his bubbles and kept saying "bub-ble", poor thing was trying to make me feel better, so I blew some bubbles for him and waited.

Turns out I dislocated my patella, (knee-cap). It was amazing to me how without any force on it, that happened. Luckily Jerm knows many orthopedic surgeons and was able to get me to one right away. I was very thankful that we did not have to go to the hospital, and that turned out to be the best thing of all. Because of my wonderful husband and his doctor friends I had x-rays, professional opinions, and a brace, all "pro-bono"!
I am now resting and recovering. I will start physical therapy soon which should hopefully stop this from happening again. Unfortunately once it happens, it is likely to happen again, and after that I would have to have surgery. So any prayers, that it doesn't happen again, would be appreciated.
I should have taken a picture of my patella on the side of my leg, but I was a little pre-occupied at the time. Here is a picture I googled, surprisingly mine was worse!


Here is a picture of my brace...


That is my sad story. Don't you feel so sorry for me, just kidding! I am sure I will be back to normal soon, and I am chasing/limping after my little toddler just fine, so far. Jerm has been taking very good care of me all weekend, what a great husband. So needless to say project shrink the hiney is on hold. Like I said Bummer! One thing that easily cheers me up is this precious face, how could you resist? Hope it cheers you up too, and watch your patellas people!

No comments:

Post a Comment