Monday, August 10, 2009

Project Shrink the Hiney

A looong time ago I had a problem with my weight, or so I thought. I was teased about it and would come home from school crying because of it. Oh silly little girl, I was so blessed to be thin! I mean the fact that I let kids get to me because I was skinny is just crazy! As an adult you are complemented if you are thin, and our culture is obsessed with it. I hope that Brady will be able to realize early on that what his peers say about him does not make it true. I hope that he will be a strong individual and know that God made him perfectly and anyone that goes against that, is going against something that God took time to lovingly create.

Unfortunately before becoming pregnant with Brady I gain a little more weight than I wanted. I blame it on fertility drugs but honestly, I ate whatever I wanted and never worked out. After Brady I was determined to shed the baby weight and a little extra too. I treated myself with a personal trainer and also with breastfeeding, I was very pleased at how quickly the weight came off. I lost a little more than 15 pounds and I was so happy. After I stopped breastfeeding Brady it seemed to be coming back. Slowly like a creeping haunting thing it was slowly coming back.Here is a picture of me at my largest, I know I was about to give birth, but it is still motivation for me.



Brady and I would go to the pool and see these moms and their bikinis and flat stomachs and I would just sit in awe. How do they do that? I am not sure, but after wanting to run for my towel, and then when the 60+ year old woman kicked my butt in body pump, I decided I am on a mission. I do not consider myself to be vain, I just want to be happy and fit.



So today the project started. We are members of an awesome gym so I really have no excuse to work out. It has every amenity you could want and also a great place for Brady. Villa Sport And to any Houston readers they have one in the Woodlands also, if you are close check it out. Today I was very proud of myself and ran 2 miles without stopping. My mom can run marathons but for me this is very good. After a few other exercises and the row machine, I was spent. I was an awesome feeling though and I am ready for more!

I wont upload pictures, but I will keep you updated. Who knows maybe I will be running a marathon in the future,(Julie, Jenn Bolder Boulder?). My goal is just to be able to wear a bathing suit with no shame, and I am looking forward to that day :)

2 comments:

  1. i was that skinny girl too, haha. Never liked my chicken legs! You can do it! Eating healthy and taking care of ourselves is what it's all about. Go for the marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After this baby I will join you! I think you look awesome already but I know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete