Saturday, April 16, 2011

Our Trip - Day 2

I'm back. This pregnancy is kinda kicking my bootie. I love being pregnant, but I definitely have to be strategic about how I spend my time. When pregnant with Brady I could rest when I needed to, and when I had energy I was able to get things done. But don't ya know, my sweet little boy has energy whether I do or not! :) 
Proof Baby has been to the Pacific Ocean

After a late night at Disneyland on the first day of our trip, we hoped Brady would sleep in a little. At 5:00 a.m. we realized that was not happening. We tried to get him to go back to sleep, but we ended up letting him watch a show while we slept a little longer. He never seems to sleep on vacations.

Jeremy had gone to a store the night before to get some bottles of water, milk for Brady, and a few snacks. We were able to have breakfast in our room, and this saved time and money. We loved our room because it had a separate bedroom, and a living room area with a little fridge. We have decided suites or condos are the way to go when traveling with Brady, it really helps with everyones different sleeping schedule.
After getting ready and having breakfast we headed to the beach.
We drove the long way to Laguna beach, hoping that Brady would take a little nap in the car.
The Pacific Coast highway was beautiful and we ALL enjoyed it, no naps for us.
Even though it was a little cold and windy that day, we loved playing in the sand and walking along the beach.
It was just a little better than the Galveston beaches I am used to. I could get used to those views.
My sand castle
Brady was hilarious because of his fear of seaweed. He would run as fast as he could from the seaweed, and we heard some pretty girly screams coming from our boy. 
Crushing my sand castle
After playing at the beach we headed to Newport beach to have a little lunch. It was really nice and relaxing to have lunch on the beach. We headed back to our hotel and we all took a nice nap. 
After our nap we relaxed by the pool for a bit, got cleaned up, and headed out for dinner. We found an In and Out burger, and it may have been our best and cheapest meal.

Brady and Lego Woody at the Lego store
After dinner we went to Downtown Disney where we explored and shopped. We had some dessert and watched the Disneyland fireworks. It was another great day of our vacation, but we were all exhausted, and happy to head back to the hotel.   
Brady with his ears, and his Mickey Mouse Cookie


No comments:

Post a Comment