Friday, October 30, 2009

Houston part 1

I have not really been in the blogging mood lately. I have become a blurker (which is someone who reads blogs, but leaves no comments and does not do there own blog.) I just can't make myself do it. Well I have the motivation at the moment, so here I go.

Where we left off in blog land was our trip to Texas. Jeremy has 3 weeks of vacation time each year, and if he does not use it, he loses it. We have taken little trips around Colorado, but Jerm still had 2 weeks of vacation time left. We had not been down to Houston in a while, so we decided to wait for what we thought was cooler weather and we headed down in the beginning of October.

Brady did very well on the plane, I think because he sees that no one is allowed to really move around so I think he figured that he isn't either. We have decided that 2 hours is his limit for being still, though. The flight was about 2 1/2 hours long and the last 30 minutes were a little rough. The minute we landed though, he fell asleep. I guess he did not understand that he was supposed to sleep during the plane ride.

Every time we go back to Houston, I always think it will be cooler, and less humid, it never is. I always feel like I need gills just to breathe, but it was a nice change from the snow we were getting in Colorado.

Our first day we relaxed and had to get the special groceries for Brady that my mom did not have like whole milk, and diapers.

Friday we were taken on a special tour of NASA, and got to meet some of moms work friends. She took us to see alot of the simulators for the space station which was very neat.

We then met a friend for lunch, did a little shopping, and went to Ikea. I wanted to go to Ikea because I knew they would have the perfect items I was looking for to decorate Brady's playroom. That evening we had dinner at our friends Brad and Jessica's house. They have a 6 month old little boy, Hudson who we had not met yet and we were very excited to meet him. We were amazed at how well Hudson can crawl and get around at just 6 months. Brady and Hudson will be good friends, but he was of course more interested in their dog, than Hudson.

Saturday we got to have lunch with my Dad, Step mom, Brother, and Grandparents. Here is Uncle Andy and Brady.


Brady does not do well in restaurants, so we were very happy when he did so well. Saturday evening we went to spend time with even more friends, and had a great time visiting.

Sunday we had a BBQ with my moms side of the family. It was so nice of my mom and step dad to invite everyone over, because otherwise we might not of been able to see everyone. Brady enjoyed playing with his 2nd cousin Riley, who is almost two. He really enjoyed playing with her toys, which of course Riley did not like.

We also fed the ducks and almost lost a finger or two, those ducks are very aggressive.

Sunday evening Brady and I got to spend some time with two old friends of mine, Michelle and Tiffany. it was so great seeing them, and it made me wish I had more time to see them. Brady of course was on his worst behavior during dinner, so they just had to take my word for it that Brady is a good little boy.

Monday we planned on going to the beach. It was so gross and rainy outside, and I was scared that we wouldn't have much fun. But as soon as we got there, the sun came out, and it was beautiful. Brady had a blast. The mud like sand and water were right up his alley.

Brady at the beach from Melissa Yeats on Vimeo.


Monday evening was nice and relaxing with a yummy dinner, and bluebell of course for dessert.

Here are more pictures, part two will be coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment