Thursday, December 2, 2010

Baby Update 6 months left!

Less than six months actually. I am a little late in posting about the baby, but that is okay!

I am 15 weeks and 3 days pregnant, which means we have about 24 weeks and 4 days until we meet our baby. According to my pregnancy app on my phone, the baby is about the size of a navel orange or, 4.5 inches, and 2 to 3 ounces. I have gained about 5 pounds now, but 3 of those pounds I put on in the last week. This has been the first week that I have not been "sick", but I still get nauseous and dizzy if I am even the slightest bit hungry.

The most exciting thing is that I can for sure feel the baby now! I thought maybe I could a few weeks ago but then not really. The past few days though, once I lay down at night, I think baby goes crazy. Tonight I layed down to snuggle and pray with Brady before he went to sleep, and baby was kicking up a storm. I guess you never forget that feeling. It is so amazing to feel something so small in you moving around.

I went to the doctor on Tuesday, and I was very happy/relieved. I was worried about my weight gain, and size. I thought that I should be bigger, and before Thanksgiving food binges occurred, I had barely gained 2 pounds. My doctor reassured me that everything is great and perfectly healthy. Not quite sure why my crazy pregnant brain wants to gain more weight than it should. I am just continuing to eat healthy and no longer going to worry. (I will gain it all when I go to Houston in a few weeks, and eat my weight in Mexican food!) The baby also had a strong heartbeat, which was 157-161 beats per minute. Love hearing that sound!

We have the big ultrasound in 5 weeks, on January 7th. This is the ultrasound that if we wanted to we could find out the sex. But we are still going to wait and let baby be a surprise. I can't wait to meet him or her!

1 month
 2 months
 3 months
 That first picture is so awkward (thanks Brady), and it looks like I am more pregnant then than I am today! The most recent picture was in a too big shirt, and you can see how tired I am! Oh well, just so excited to be progressing and we are that much closer to meeting our baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment