Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sleep Stander?

So you have heard of sleep walking but have you ever heard of sleep standing?
Today Brady and I had a fun morning at the park and by this afternoon he was tired and ready for a nap. He went down fairly easily for his nap, and I turned on the baby monitor, and got into the shower. I guess something woke him up, and once he is awake he stands up in his crib to try to get out. Well I heard him fussing a little bit, but he stopped before I got out of the shower. I got dressed and went to peek in on him to make sure he was asleep, and at first I thought he was awake. I saw though the crack in the door, he was standing, so I thought he was awake. He wasn't! He had fallen back asleep standing up! Of course I ran down and got my camera, and took a tiny video. My finger slid off the video button so it is really short but you can pause it and see him asleep with his thumb in his mouth, standing! Of course I woke him up with my laughter, but I got him back to sleep, and he took a nice long nap. Maybe that is the secret to a good nap, let them sleep standing up!

1 comment: